The month of Ashwin (as per our Hindu calender) begins next week and we will soon begin preparations for Divali. Some of us may have holiday plans.
Just a few reminders as you prepare for your journey…
– Take a break every hour in a road journey and make sure to walk around for 10 minutes at that time. Do some side bends, twists and backward bends (provided there is no contraindication)
– Use “U” shaped inflatable devices available at luggage stores serve to protect the neck in road travel. Especially useful when we doze off!
– If the pillow at your hotel is too high (head remains well above level of the body) then you can simply replace with a large bath towel folded into four (it should be about 3” thick)
– If the mattress is too soft (body sinks in) then ask housekeeping for a replacement. Too soft and yielding mattresses do not support the spine and lead to backache.
– Wear your lumbar belt or neck collar if advised especially on bumpy roads.
– Wear comfortable flat shoes on your holiday. Ladies reserve high heels for dinner times.
– Do not over stuff your bags with unnecessary items. Try to carry two lighter bags instead of one heavy one- its easier on the back to carry!
– For those suffering from diabetes or other disorders which have diet restrictions, do call ahead at your hotel and check what is available and give any specific requirements. Holiday does not mean no exercise. Do stick to some basic routine.
– Make sure to carry all required medicines and first aid.
Considering the amount we spend on the holiday, some prior planning is necessary so as to come back refreshed and recharged.
If you have any more queries, do ask. I shall be happy to answer.