Every stage in a woman’s life involves a huge change.. its difficult to say which is a bigger challenge …
– Puberty which changes a carefree girl to young woman
– Marriage that makes her simultaneously balance the hats of a ‘daughter in law’, wife and professional.
– Motherhood which entails carrying, giving birth to, nurturing and then moulding the mind of her young one.
– Mother in law – this is equally challenging as she has to ‘let go’ of her child (son or daughter) to set up his own nest .. IMHO it may be more difficult for the mother of a son.
– Becoming a grandmother.. again not something to be done lightly.. and this AtoZ is all about becoming a grandma..
The best part of becoming a grandma is that I can play, sing, dance with Grandbaba without inhibitions.. Baby talk becomes a norm as does miming nursery rhymes and stories.
I can easily avoid household chores and spend time happily playing with the baby.
Hide and Seek, Catch Catch, Hopscotch (my daughter used to call it Stapu), making sand castles and card towers. Finding joy in a weirdly shaped stone or chase the butterflies in the garden. These are just a few of things I am looking forward to..
Its my time to a revive the child in me.. to become young again!
I am sure my thoughts may cause a deja vu to some of you especially someone who has hosted a new born. I would love to hear from you!
See you tomorrow folks!
Here are links to my previous AtoZ attempts.
2013 Mixed Bag
2014 Exercising For Fitness
2015 Gardens of Pune
2018 Contemporary A to Z
2019 Caring for the Caregiver
Disclaimer: My posts do mention some products or service providers but these are not sponsored and not meant to be an advertisement. All posts are from a maternal grandmother’s point of view!